Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I missed my own blogoversary

It occurred to me a few days ago that it must be somewhere around a year since I started this 'ol blog - and wouldn't you know it, it has been MORE than a year. A year and 16 days to be exact. I won't feel too silly for forgetting this given I was totally blog free until I got back on the 8th, and maybe I shouldn't even celebrate since I've taken the last few months off - but what the heck, a year's a year, right?

I'm excited because as I've said before, this is some of the only writing or journaling (if it can be called either!) that I've stuck to consistently and regularly (the last two months notwithstanding). Each time I write a post it is like a little gift I give myself, taking the space to process whatever thoughts or experience I'm in the midst of. I try not to chastise myself for whatever comes out - I try to give myself space to feel, to question, to puzzle - to lay a few chunks of my life out in the open and acknowledge that they are part of me. It's the gift that keeps on giving because when I'm lucky, these thoughts transcend solitude when they are joined by those of the dear folks who frequent this site.

I haven't quite figured out what my site is all about in blog terms. I was honored by FG's recognition of me as a "Thinking Blogger," (something I promise to follow-through on with my own award once I'm back in the blogging groove) and would like to step up my involvement with Indiebloggers. But aside from that, I don't feel a need to be categorized or fit a blogging niche. I simply love this space, love that it exists because I put it here and continues because I come to it and write. I love that it's found me a group of people I've never met (and perhaps never will) who I admire and whose own writings invite me on a daily basis into a whole spectrum of experiences that I often feel intimately connected to. At other times I'm just a spectator enjoying the variety that comes with the lives of those around you who choose to share it.

In honor of this milestone, I've collected a few of my favorite posts. Enjoy!

...you answer
A slight digression: my boobs made me do it
Tracing my neuroses
In honor of a girl who knows her heart
2006: Black jack - hit me
Contending with contentment

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. The other bloggers you've met (and vice-versa) is the best anniversary present you can have!

6/20/2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Happy blogoversary!

Great choices on your fave posts.

6/20/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Foofa said...

Happy Blogoversary! It's a big deal.

6/20/2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

Happy blogoversary! And welcome back! I don't think there's any need to define your blog type. I like that your posts vary with what you're thinking about/dealing with depending on the day!

6/20/2007 2:29 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations on the year anniversary! Here's to many more.

6/21/2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger Indiana James said...

The best part of the blog world that it is completely random. 1 year is nice. I'm impressed that I have made it 6 months, there about. The open forum is a creative God send and a responsive audience certainly doesn't hurt things.

6/22/2007 5:53 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Cherry - thanks! It's so true - especially those who send me sweet music :)

Thanks Peter! Thanks Nat! Thanks Lisa! Thanks Heather!

Good point James :)

6/22/2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger Airam said...

Happy happy!! 1 year!!

6/22/2007 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home