Saturday, March 03, 2007

This doesn't bode well...

...for my upcoming HGTV appearance in May. Allan finally received a copy of the show he filmed while I was in Montreal with him. I make a very brief appearance looking quite baffled as I don't speak french and hadn't a clue what was going on. I do know at some point he made a catty comment about me not speaking French but I can't remember what his exact words were.




I thought it might be nice to share this and give an AYMW update. Allan continues to keep in touch as he makes his way around the world. I think his project has morphed quite a bit and I don't honestly think his focus is on finding a "wife" - if it ever was. I do think this experience will impact who he is and what he ultimately offers to whoever he finds or chooses to settle down with - though unless he's really kept me in the dark, I don't think that will be any time soon. Still, he's having a blast and he's come across some truly exceptional people - any one of which I think he'd probably be lucky to end up with. I'm still glad for my involvement and mini-adventure in Montreal, but looking back I realize I was primed for romance and ultimately, his project doesn't leave much room for that. Still, perhaps it helped me get to a point where I was better prepared to handle the Frenchman that's now in my life and not go overboard right off the bat. Watching this video I couldn't help but laugh that the two mini-romances I've had in the past six months were both with French speakers.

On that note, I bought a set of French language CDs at Costco the other day. If the cosmos are telling me anything, I suppose it's that it's time for me to learn the language of love, once and for all.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Indiana James said...

They robbed you of your air time... That's that language censorship gone way overboard now. Something must be done!

3/03/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I couldn't watch this, it wouldn't play! Is there something wrong with the link? I really want to see it!

3/03/2007 6:29 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

http://one.revver.com/watch/191984 - try this. Sorry!

3/03/2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

At least you look great!

3/04/2007 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you looked very nice and composed, very photogenic. Well done. :)

He was basically talking about having second dates with girls other than you, specifically someone in Utah. One of the panelists said: "Hey, you can't say that," probably indicating that you were in the audience. "Oh it's ok, she doesn't understand French," he replied.

Interesting concept, but he sounds a bit of a flake, though. Whatever, you're on to bigger better amazing things now!

3/04/2007 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look soooo cute Megs.

3/05/2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I think you look really great. Good for you!

3/05/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Airam said...

You look so cute!

3/05/2007 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly he is far too taken with himself and his sudden celebrity at this time to have anything leftover for someone else. Leave him to gloat over wild oats... I hope that this experience did not leave a bitter taste in your mouth for Montreal...

Writing this, I'll take this opportunity to wish you "bon voyage" as you prepare for your new adventures.

Know that if you return from them with merely a fraction of the richness of spirit that you are already taking with you, "There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do" to help you carry all of that priceless bounty back on the plane.

;)

3/05/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

You guys are so damn sweet! I think I look like a goof - especially when I sneak a peak at the camera!

Zura - thanks for the translation :)

Me: - It did nothing of the sort - I absolutely loved Montreal and hope to visit again someday (and get to know some of my blog buddies up there!). Thank you for your continued support and kind words - if I can't blog while I'm in Africa you know I'll be back when I return and look forward to catching up!

3/05/2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Bonne Chance with your French lessons, and let me know when your HGTV airdate is, I'll try to catch it :)

3/05/2007 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI
You were certainly the best looking on the program .
Of course I ma Bias
DAD

3/06/2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

I agree with Zura. You did quite well keeping your composure with those snow-frogs. That was either a really old lady in the middle, or it was Rod Stewart. I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards Rod Stewart. You looked very nice on camera.

3/06/2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

FG - It will air on the DIY (Do It Yourself) network on May 6th at 7:30 pm EST, and May 12th at 7pm EST. I hope you get that in Canada!

Dad - biased, definitely. But sweet too!

Should be - If I'd been drinking while reading your comment there definitely would be liquid coming out of my nose!

3/07/2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home