Thursday, February 22, 2007

coasting

The drive home started with a wrong turn
around the road I wanted to take I came to the park I'd always wanted to see
with the subtle voices of song in my ear
I skirted this too

aware of the clouds that formed a textured seam between the brightness above and the muted rays below

I drove on taking it all in - the sights, the sounds - the changing light as a circle of birds danced above me
just ahead

Close to home I drove the row of trees that remind me of my true love
and set my site upon the lone palm at the end
in the spot where the birds were before

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Poetry is one of the many things that I don't "get" -- including, but not limited to: art, dating, the middle east & cold fusion.

But, I found myself visualizing the scenes you described. I would have enjoyed reading more. And I think it was brave of you to share.

2/23/2007 7:06 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

I'm definitely not a poet, nor do I get it, either. But every once in awhile I find myself playing with words as I experience something in my head, and it's nice to put them down - whether they're enjoyable to read or not!

:)

2/23/2007 11:14 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

And what better place to do such a thing than your blog?

I've considered trying poetry myself, but feel soooo out of my depth.

2/23/2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home