Tuesday, January 30, 2007

from 2D to 3D

This has been a funny week. I've taken to calling it media week because somehow in my life and the lives of those around me - the media has totally taken over. I've already shared about how I was going to do a little "how-to" segment for my cousin's company for a division of HGTV - that was today. Aside from having to make my way through the world's largest convention center with a tub full of water sloshing about and forgetting my powder (I think the most key piece of makeup when you're going to be filmed!) it went really well. I have a feeling they'll just show my hands and me making the kit, and then do their own voice over based on the info I provided. Either way - it should be a great thing for the company and it was fun to be a part of (and made me feel better about this really cute sweater I bought with Addy this weekend - it was perfect for my t.v. debut!).

Before I left this morning, I got an email from Allan telling me about his most recent press - a t.v. spot that I assume was filmed for a show in London. You can see it on his website here - there's a few pics of us in Montreal and surfing (though none of my videos made the cut).

Then after the convention I went to a board meeting for a non-profit a friend started, and I got to see the hard copy of a newspaper article featuring the organization that was published yesterday. I'd seen the online version - but the print version was amazing - her picture was on the front cover, and the organization (Ripple Kids) had a huge spread in the "Life" section.

Also - this Friday night I'm going to a t.v. show taping with Addy who went to university with John Ritter's son Josh, so we're going to sit in the audience for a taping of his new show, which should be fun.

Right now I'm having a little vegging out time after a crazy day and watching the final episodes of Sex and the City. I had my first big cry watching Carrie say goodbye to her girls before she moves to Paris with the Russian. I know moving is going to be hard - I'm putting it outside of my thoughts so I can focus on this time off for what it is. But every once in awhile it catches up with me and all I can do is give myself a moment to let it sink in, before I push it off again in order to get ready for it. Holy shit this is going to be hard.*




*This post did not end where it started...but I suppose sometimes you just gotta go with it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter DeWolf said...

"Ripple Kids" is a brilliant idea! I so dig stuff like that.

As for "The Class," I thought the pilot was pretty mediocre. But, was convinced to keep watching because a blog friend's sister writes for the show. And it really grew on me. Have fun!

1/31/2007 4:03 AM  
Blogger H said...

Megan I think your move is going to be fabulous. And we'll be looking forward to reading all about your new adventures!

1/31/2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Omar Cruz said...

Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica ,
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.ramadajaco.com/

3/09/2007 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information of this site is really important since it counts on specific details for interested in real estate. The illustration that offers on the life in Costa Rica and its people seems to me very advisable the image of the country and contributes great benefits for the tourism, business that offers many economic advantages for the country. The increase of real estate in Costa Rica during the last years is the test that Costa Rica in one of the destinies more looked for by the foreigners eager to invest in this point of exuberant beauty of flora and fauna. I also count on information referring to the subject.

More information at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com
Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/

4/02/2007 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home