Tuesday, January 16, 2007

when Paris comes calling...

There's something drippingly romantic about meeting someone while traveling and sharing, if only for a night, the wonder of a foreign place and all its intimacies with someone who is as new to you as the soil upon which you walk.

Somehow, meeting someone at home while out on the town rarely has that same spark - nor does the moon shine just so in their eyes' reflection, or the sand feel quite as soft as when you walked hand in hand on the coast of the Mediterranean.

Still, my wandering heart is humbled from time to time when a bit of such magic falls into my lap in moments when least expected...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Indiana James said...

I totally get where you're coming from. Her name was Angela, we were in New York. She rocked my world with her smile and politics. Makes me look forward to my summer escape when school ends and I get a break from work.

1/17/2007 12:14 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

So true! (Happened to me in Mexico, sigh.)

To what are you referring, may I ask?

1/17/2007 7:01 AM  
Blogger Foofa said...

That post left me wanting more. I feel you have an excellent story to tell.

1/17/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

'tis true...on its way...

1/17/2007 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am too impatient for this post.

1/18/2007 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home