Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hi Mom!

The only thing that could delight me more than checking my blog on Saturday afternoon and finding new comments, is finding one from my mom. You see, my mom is not what we would call "internet savvy." She has a snazzy little mac all of her own, but she still asks me to check her email for her every time I'm home. In case you missed her comment in my previous post, here it is (with my thoughts in parentheses/caps):

"Megs, I can't believe I'm doing this (YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT? I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR!). We just hooked up my new flat screen monitor (SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE COMING UP IN THE TECHNOLOGY WORLD MOMSY) and your Dad suggested I read your blog (POOR GUY, HE'S HAD TO DEAL WITH HIS DAUGHTER SHARING HER LOVE LIFE ALL OVER THE INTERNET ALL ON HIS OWN FOR MONTHS). Who are all these people who send you comments (LOVELY SOULS AROUND THE WORLD, THE VAST MAJORITY IN CANADA FOR SOME REASON)? Who is Degrassi (YOU'RE TOO CUTE MOMSY)? What is this world coming too (YOU COULD START A BLOG ABOUT THAT VERY QUESTION)? Zicam is the best for curing a cold........I just took the cure and feel much better (STARTING TO FEEL BETTER MYSELF). Love, Mom (AND I LOVE YOU MOMSY).

Isn't she darling?

I'm not sure I can quite explain this blogging business to my mom, but I will try, during our next conversation because knowing her, the next time she'll check this will be four weeks from now (about the frequency with which she checks her email).

So there you have it, lest you should wonder why I avoid any of the more "juicy" details in my posts, now you know - both my parents (now) read my blog.

Off to pick up some Zicam...mother always knows best.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Megs' mom!

Canadians are delightful.

And I hope your daughter feels better.

- Pete

1/06/2007 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome that your mom is your mom is making these discoveries. :) I know what that's like... Imagine how I felt the first time my mom (little 4'11" Chinese lady) somehow got on msn and used that to yell at and tell me off! :P

Yes, and Canadians are great. Spread the news.

1/07/2007 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm, i see staying up all night doesn't help with the double typing...

1/07/2007 6:54 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

How adorable. (Hi Meg's mom!)

I hope you're feeling better.

1/07/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Arthur Willoughby said...

Here's a link today's post brought to mind. Leave it to the Onion to cover everything.

Get better.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38572

1/07/2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Airam said...

Wow Megan ... you weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of Canucks coming to your page!!

1/07/2007 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, cute. My mom only remembers the address of my blog if I forward her a particular entry.

1/07/2007 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust mothers to be that way, anywhere in the world....you have a fan here, Philippines country in Southeast Asia. Love your blog, keep em coming...

1/07/2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger Grad School Reject said...

Megan's Mom,

We care about your daughter. Is it strange for "stangers" to care? Yes.

Does it necessarily make sense? No.

But she comments on my blog and is great. Her writing is entertaining.

...And usually such good character gets traced back to the parents.

So...thanks Meg's mom!

1/07/2007 6:15 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Peter - Canadians ARE delightful - this blog and all your comments are proof of that :)

James - my mom definitely hasn't discovered im yet! (Mom: IM stands for "instant messaging")

Megan - Thanks!

Arthur - that is perfect! I forwarded it to her!

Maria - I think it all started with Sadia, but I say the more Canucks the better :)

Zura - You never know - she might show up when you least expect it...

Anne - thanks for reading!!!

GSR - you hit the nail on the head. All my good parts trace back to my parents :)

1/07/2007 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing like admiting you watch canadian TV on a public bulletin to get your mum concerned about your health. so both your parents now read about your love life!? that's a thrill! i think my mum thinks a blog is a type of crustacean (which is pretty close really).

1/08/2007 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason I didn't know you loved Degrassi? Next Generation or Original or both? I know what it's like to have parents reading. I love it but it can be limiting.

1/08/2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Next Generation - I missed out for the most part on the original, but I'd probably love it too. I was always fascinated with a 13 year old getting pregnant. That was way beyond my young imagination! Ah, how times change...

1/08/2007 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home