Tuesday, January 02, 2007

back, but not yet with it

It must be said - Happy New Year! I rang out 2006 with some of my absolute favorite people (will post a few pics when I receive them as my reformatted card is still being held hostage and picture free until I can send it in for the photo gods to smile upon and restore my Christmas pics). My mom, brother and two nephews and three of my best friends (and one boyfriend) were in the mountains all weekend. There were even some cameo appearances by my roommate and her boyfriend who were staying in nearby Tahoe - so it was truly a convergence of friends from every chapter of my life. I hadn't been to the mountains in about three years and as we rolled in I was flooded with memories from trips past. Skiing and snowboarding are the only two sports I've ever been any good at - and while I'm not yet good at surfing, they inspire the closest things to the rush I get in the water on dry (em, frozen) land. It was a glorious weekend - time with family, time with friends, moments to ponder the year past and moments to dream about the year to come. I was so thankful for time to wander through conversations with everyone - whether we were talking nonsense and laughing so hard my stomach was as sore as my legs were from the slopes, or delving deeper into the various crossroads we are each at and the opportunities that lay ahead - it was the type of trip that reminds you just why these are the people you share your life with, and how much more you have to look forward to sharing with them as you all grow.

I am woefully out of touch with everyone's blogs and will be catching up on reading in the next couple of days. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and wish you all the very best in 2007 as we step forward into the new year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. :) I spent Christmas with my younger cousin, with whom my abs got a splendid workout from the sheer laughing and nonsense that can only be had amongst close family and friends. Man, we were funny.

Happy New Year!

1/02/2007 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home