Thursday, December 21, 2006

the key to a happy flight...

...rests in the booklet of free drink coupons Southwest recently sent me to accompany the frequent flyer ticket I just earned after a couple years of an almost monogomous relationship with the friendly skies*. I'm of course not quite caught up at work, not quite packed and not quite done with my Christmas gift assembly/shopping - but as soon as I get up north all of that fades away as I revel in the land of my youth, the oldest of friends and my family.

In case I'm not back before Christmas - a serious round of Happy Holidays to all of you and may your celebrations be merry and bright!


*"Come fly the friendly skies" - that's Southwest, right? I want to say as a child of the television generation that I have my long-standing slogans down - but I actually signed on to Southwest to confirm and there is not a slogan to be found. Not even on their 'about' or 'mission' page. Who is running their marketing department for cris' sake? At least I'm pretty confident that with Southwest I'm "free to roam around the country."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Come Fly the Friendly Skies" doesn't so much belong to Southwest as it does United Airlines.

12/21/2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I've been in a relationship with American Airlines, but was recently tempted away by NorthWest. It is amazing! I was on standby (damn Newark airport) and got on the first flight, in first class! The flight attendants et al were so friendly and helpful too! I think I'm falling for Northwest...

12/21/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Happy holidays!

12/22/2006 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy holidays!!! have a great time. I have recently just been flying whatever is cheap and it works. I thikn I end up on airTran a lot.

12/22/2006 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Northwest and Southwest airlines got in a fight who would win the battle for the West?

-The meteor guy

12/24/2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home