Monday, December 11, 2006

My 100th post

This may not be the actual 100th post on the site, but it's at the very least the 100th time I've opened up a blank box and committed something down to share with the blogosphere.

Here are some blog-oddities to ponder in recognition of this monumental occasion:

1) Why in God's name does the blogger spell check not have "blog" in its database? THIS IS A BLOG YOU ARE SPELL CHECKING AFTER ALL. I understand getting caught up on "mapquested" and "googled" - but BLOG!?

2) My friends do not find it amusing when they ask me how I am and I respond with, "haven't you read my blog?"

3) My most favorite google search that landed someone on this blog (and the tagline it referred to):

"what is the problem here? megan is an absolute pink."

The google search brought whoever was looking to this, "Megan, don't be such a dumbass." Fitting.

Other recent google searches:
"Sunday night insomnia"
(myso-calledlovelife comes up number 9)

"blog- finding the one person you need in your life and the significance of love" (Wow, that's a mouthful. You could write a whole blog about that. Oh wait...)

"Find love, friendship and freedom with Love SMS"
(That was a search from Kenya. Are my posts really this sappy?)

"flirty emails"
(the most recent exchange of which I did not misinterpret for once...more on that soon)

4) And Finally, some thoughts after six months of blogging about how it's affected my life aka what I like to refer to as THE PROCESS. When I first started blogging I wanted to run here and share all my secrets, jump up and down in cyber space when I had a date or felt sparks fly (k, that hasn't really changed). It started as a place to chronicle the transition from seeing myself as someone's girlfriend to seeing myself on my own, to seeing myself as someone who could be with someone again someday. It still serves that purpose to a certain extent, but now its so much more as well for me. It's a release. It's space to simply wander, it's a moment to glimpse into the effect of my thoughts on others - and in turn peak into their lives and see what insight I can glean from their experiences. It's teaching me how to approach myself and how to approach love - when I'm leaping too soon, when my focus is off. It gives me something to come back to and say, "that's where I was, funny - that's not where I am now." It validates the steps in between. It accepts me where I'm at. It lets me make amends when I make mistakes simply by letting me admit them - and commit to do things differently the next time around. In a word, it's been neat.

So...thanks to y'all for reading and commenting! Have any blog-oddities of your own you'd like to share?

2 Comments:

Blogger g string addict said...

love number two. a lot.
*hugs*

12/12/2006 3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wierd to keep up with your life through a web site and not picking up the phone...but I consider it more as a reference guide to you. Congrats!!!

12/12/2006 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home