Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hey hey I'm a monkey!

But 2007 is not. No, 2007 is a year of the pig - and not just any pig, it's the year of the GOLDEN pig. So get your wheels in motion, because according to the Chinese (and Korean) calendar - this is a FANTASTIC year to fall in love - and if you've been there, done that - then by all means - make a baby!

Lest you doubt the significance of this opportunity, a Golden Pig Year only comes once every 600 years. How do I know this? I spent last night catching up with my wise friend Hye, who un-married (though happily co-habitating) and pushing forty is challenging every social norm held in her Korean family - and is being urged to get married once and for all this GOLDEN PIG year. Further, the future mother-in-law wouldn't mind a grandchild - and if that's in the works - then why not make it a golden-pig baby?

For anyone else contemplating such life decisions, you can get your own Korean calendar with a "friendly fatty in the Korean subconscious" here.



*I should probably stay away from pigs in my search for love - according to this Pig + Monkey in love (I think my imagination just exploded) have the undesirable affect of heightended sexual tension due to a constant need to disagree. But wait, isn't sexual tension sometimes a good thing?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find a nice comfort zone with being single and now the Koreans are out to stress me out. Curses!

1/09/2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Hmm. That's hopeful, I guess.

And yes, I agree that heightened sexual tension tends to be good, in my book.

1/09/2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger Arthur Willoughby said...

When it comes to sex, my wife often gets a tension headache. Does that constitute sexual tension?

1/09/2007 1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sexual tension is a fabulous thing, for matters I won't totally go into. Is your blog family friendly?

Thanks for the golden pig notice too. I have no desire to make babies (or even get married just yet), but I'll make sure to have a spectacular time skirting around these issues with my beloved!

Happy new year too!

1/10/2007 6:16 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

FG - by all means, elaborate!

1/10/2007 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wellll... in this day and age, is there really any need to just stay horny and get all the more frustrated?

Man, hands, toys, get it DONE, I say! Release is often required, no?

1/10/2007 2:24 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Here here! And on the tension front - the best part about fighting is getting to make up :)

1/10/2007 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home