Sunday, January 28, 2007

sunday sleepiness

Hello blogosphere - it's me Megan, writing for the first time from the confines of my bed on a Sunday night, without the impending doom of my job hanging over my head. Because, you see, I no longer have a job - and I couldn't be happier! Sure, I'm a bit freaked out about stuff like giving up my income, my insurance running out, not knowing when I'll next be paid - but honestly, it's so worth it! Because now on this Sunday night I am going to sleep and thinking only of the possibilities for what I'll do with my day tomorrow - not the hours upon hours which I will sit with my brain in a quasi-vegetative state as I chastise myself for spending too much time on the internet and wishing I were more productive.

I do want to apologize because in the next few weeks I'm going to try and distance myself from the internet for a little bit - not entirely, but I'm going to try and be a bit more purposeful in my online time - using it to follow-up on all the things that have been on hold until this moment - from job opportunities/ideas, to contacting people for research purposes, to trip planning etc. What I'm trying to say is I foresee a bit of a shift in my blogging habits - as blogging becomes a place to share my thoughts from a totally different framework. I have no idea what this means - if I'll post more frequently or less - I just feel like I should explain in case there's a noticeable difference (have I lost anyone?).

I do have a couple of things I'm processing and anxious for some feedback on, so stay tuned this week as the so-called love life comes back into play...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Indiana James said...

I would love for that feeling to be part of my schedule, or lack there of in your case. You're lucky and brave to be taking this time for yourself. As for now it's full time work, university and my own version of "my so called..." for me so I will live vicariously until I get to pack up and leave on my own trip.

1/29/2007 5:13 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

Good for you! (Although I'll miss your thoughtful comments and thought-provoking postings.)

1/29/2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Don't be gone too long...

1/29/2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Thanks guys - but don't worry, I'm not leaving yet!

1/29/2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger S'Mat said...

the only way i can support you is if i don't check your blog, and then i can't know if my support is working! you'll surely be missed (i know you make up about 20% of my readership!!) as you always have an uncanny knack of finding the most positive of aspects of the bleakest of situations. from where will our net sunshine spill now?

1/29/2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Airam said...

As long as you update once in a while then we'll be fine .. or else we'll be in Megan withdrawal!

1/29/2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Foofa said...

I want no job and an awesome trip. You're the coolest.

1/29/2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

I seriously love you guys. Ok - you're freaking me out though - so a new post and some blog surfing is coming your way...

1/29/2007 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home