Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's: Not just a day for lovers

I got home last night from the mountains with bags full of ski gear and airline peanuts. My room is in shambles - in the last few weeks I feel like I've been packing and unpacking non-stop for various trips. My valentine's plans entail more of this, but I'll be fixing myself a Bellini cocktail with the last of my bottle I bought in Montreal to make the night more enjoyable.

I'm back in the office today for my penultimate day of work - after the final day tomorrow I'm grabbing dinner with a friend and then heading to L.A. to stay the night before flying to Dallas on Friday. When I set all these plans in motion I worried I was going to fill up this carefully planned for "free time" too much - and prevent myself from getting into the research and life planning I'd hoped to use these weeks for. Thankfully, it's all coming together. I've been reading, taking notes, contacting people - setting a schedule I can stick to in place before I head to Africa. What this means is that as I prepare to officially leave the security of my job (until now it's just been far off on the horizon - now it's HERE) I can do so with confidence. I know I'm doing the right thing - the synapses in my mind and heart and soul are on fire - the ideas are coming, the inspiration is coming - I'm excited practically non-stop.

So my sweetheart isn't here on Valentine's day (but I kinda do have a sweetheart - how did that happen!?) - but I have plenty to celebrate and embrace in the spirit of love as I fill the day with closing this chapter in my life and keeping the next-step wheels in motion. I wish you all the best whether you are with someone you love today or simply taking a few moments to love yourself and the life you're living!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

This all sounds so positive! I'm so excited for you and this new chapter in your life! You sound like you're ready to embrace the adventure ahead of you, and that the adventure that you're currently living is great as well. Happy Valentine's day! Oh, and Indiana James stopped by my blog yesterday by way of yours. Thanks again for linking to me!

2/14/2007 11:54 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sister - you have a sweetheart in PARIS.
It doesn't get much better!

2/14/2007 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Well you are really 'seizing the Day"
Congratulations.
Who is the boy freina?
Love Dad

2/14/2007 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
I read your earlier Stuff and know who the guy is.
Those sound bites of nights you spent with him will saty with you for many tears regardless of wht ever else happens.Thsi from someone who knows
loev dad

2/14/2007 1:26 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Lisa - thanks - I am! And James is a fabulous blogger and commenter - I'm happy to share :)

H - tee hee :) I miss your posts by the way - hope to see you on your blog sometimes soon!

Dad - Let's hope "tears" is just a Freudian slip. Miss you guys!

Readers: Please note - Dad does not see or type well :)

2/14/2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger Airam said...

Happy V-Day!

2/14/2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger notfearingchange said...

I wish i would've known you were in montreal!

nfc

2/14/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Lirun said...

delicious fragments..

2/15/2007 12:39 AM  
Blogger Grad School Reject said...

Happy V-Day and happy and safe travels. It sounds like life is good.

2/15/2007 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be safe meggers. Love your last line BTW - I wish I would have read it yesterday so I could have used it when telling people why I was ok being alone this year.

2/15/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Foofa said...

I'm guessing Dad was thinking years (y and t are right next to each other). Have fun on your upcoming smaller travels before the big huge one.

2/15/2007 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home