Monday, February 12, 2007

Tales from the road

I mentioned recently that my parents have passed on some wisdom in the arena of staying together (they'll be celebrating their 30th anniversary in June). I got this email from my mom today (and a second telling of the same story from my dad in a separate email a bit later). They're in New Zealand right now (oh how I can't wait to be retired!) and taking various day trips from their home base in Queenstown.

"Had a great day yesterday. Drove to Glenorchy, Routeburn trailhead and Paradise Valley. Got bitten by sand flies but it was worth it. Had to pee in the middle of the road because your dad made me laugh. We were looking for wildlife other than sheep and cows and all of a sudden he shouted "oh look there are some goats". I looked and thirty feet from our car were four horses! True they were oddly colored, but goats? I was so glad there were no cars coming cause I couldn't make it to the side. It really gave new meaning to "Why don't we do it in the road?"

Laughter: keeping families together since 1977.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Indiana James said...

That is too rich. I'm lucky to be seeing my mom and step-dad doing the same things with their lives right now too.

2/13/2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

hahah! Awesome.

Great pre-Valentine's Day story.

2/13/2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your parents sound fabulous!

2/13/2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

What a great story. I can just see Dee laughing so hard.

2/13/2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger Foofa said...

Parents are the cutest. Great story.

2/13/2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger S'Mat said...

I hope her laughter didn't scare the goats.. That's a priceless scene...

2/13/2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

How blessed it must be to have to pee on the road because your significant other makes you laugh so much.

Very lucky indeed :)

2/13/2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Airam said...

Reading this post ... I couldn't help but think that's what I want ... your parents sound great!

2/14/2007 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home