Sunday, June 10, 2007

back


Oh the posts my brain has contemplated during my absence from blogger. I hope that means that upon re-entry I'll be able to catalog these thoughts - share the insight that three months of re-directed writing (mostly in the form of my trip journals which you can read here, thought the last three aren't up yet) has brought. Let me say - it is good to be back! And, perhaps more exciting, I have a LOT to write about because my so-called love life is not so-so anymore - it's alive and well. Despite all the odds, the distance, the randomness of our meeting, the language barrier and the blank slate that is my future plans at this moment, the Frenchman and I are making it work, and his presence during my trip (at first through emails and phone calls and then in person during the final portion) was a true delight. I have so many thoughts about this to sort out - it's taken me by surprise and thus every new emotion is like a little gem I want to dissect and congratulate myself for having stumbled upon.

More on that soon, and you can also expect a fair amount of life pondering as I try to reconcile the world I just emerged from with the world I find myself back in.

-M.I.

p.s. I've missed you!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Welcome back!

I KNEW that you missed me.

6/10/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Airam said...

You're back!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

6/10/2007 6:36 PM  
Blogger Indiana James said...

As you get back, I set about leaving on my own mini-adventure. Like previously stated, it's great to hear that you're home safe and sound and even better to hear about the progression from the so called to the actually being. :)

6/11/2007 12:27 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

WELCOME HOME!!! I've sadly looked at your link many a time over the past few weeks, good to have you back! You've been *very* missed!

6/11/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hurrah! She's back! We've missed you too.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have fabulous travel journals to go and read!

6/12/2007 5:56 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Thanks guys! I cannot wait to catch up on all your journeys as well!

6/12/2007 11:02 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

WELCOME BACK!!!

6/12/2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Foofa said...

So glad you are back! I really enjoyed your trip journal but was sad I couldn't comment on it. Congrats on the new love life! Awesome.

6/12/2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger MontrealGurl said...

Welcome home!!!

6/12/2007 7:43 PM  
Blogger Grad School Reject said...

Nice to have you back. I bet you had a great time.

6/13/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

You guys are so awesome - thanks for coming back to me :)

6/13/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home