Thursday, April 03, 2008

some things never change

In the midst of putting together my formal application for school in Kenya (I have a scholarship, but must now gain admittance to the grad program), I came across the following in a past reference from a college professor:

"We’ve spent many hours in my office discussing both the state of the universe and the thesis of her papers. She has so many good ideas that sometimes she has difficulty settling on one. In other words, she has excellent academic ability and creativity, but still needs to work on organization, and mostly, on her confidence in herself. Her confidence in her paper-writing ability has grown, but she’s not quite there yet. She’s good but she doesn’t always believe it."

"...she has excellent academic ability and creativity, but still needs to work on organization..." I feel like this summarizes my entire life, in one succinct little nutshell. Oh, and confidence, don't get me started.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

That's a beautifully fair thing to say about a student. Basically, that you have all this potential, some of it realized, some waiting to be realized. You are constantly pushing for growth. It's lovely.

Also, finally got the cd and book in the mail.

4/06/2008 6:14 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I agree with Lisa. Part of getting your focus comes from self-awareness. I think you will be great. Heck, you already ARE great!

4/06/2008 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right.

~Henry Ford

4/08/2008 5:17 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Prove that mofo wrong!!

4/13/2008 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home