Tuesday, February 19, 2008

random

Can anyone else relate to that feeling you get when, in a moment of hypochondria, you diagnose yourself with some terminal illness but at least for right then, you're o.k. with it? I'm not sure what it is - whether it's having an overall good day, someone having just told you they love you or finally getting something long-put off done, but for a second you lose sight of the big picture and think, "If I found out right now, I could go peacefully if nature decided it was my time."

There is of course always the antithesis, found in a moment just as random, in which life suddenly seems breathtakingly short. When if handed a death sentence you would retch and reel, mourning instantly the experiences you'd lose in dying to soon, the people you'd miss - all that would be left.

The very presence of such emotion in the second moment tips me off that there is more to be lost than any moment of seemingly zen contentment could ever foreshadow.



***please be patient with my changing sidebar - I'm updating it with lots of wonderful new things but I'm slooooow so don't look yet!***

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I can relate to all of this.

Except the sidebar thing. That's all you.

2/20/2008 8:39 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Hmmmm. It has been a long time since I've felt that if I had to go now, I would be OK with it. There's still a lot I need to do!

2/20/2008 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home