Monday, December 31, 2007

going out on a limb

It's almost too much to try and summarize this year, package it up so that come tomorrow morning I know what it all meant and where I'm supposed to go from here. I know it's been a ball buster (as if I had balls to bust) in more ways than one. I know I've lived deep, laughed often and learned more about love in all its forms than perhaps ever before. I know that at this moment, I'm kinda down about it all because for so much of this year I thought I was clarifying my direction in life - I've had so much affirmation that the choices I've made have been the right ones. I don't know if it's all the stuff that's come up in recent months, or if it's a winter-induced chemical imbalance, or perhaps it's just my turn to have some down time after starting 2007 with romance and adventures. Either way, I'm having a hard time keeping my optimism cap on these days, so perhaps my only resolution that I hope not to abandon immediately come the new year, is to keep putting myself out there. Keep trying new things, taking advantage of opportunities, pushing my limits.

On that note, here's the result of a bit of just such seizing the moment - the first time I figured out how to use my new macbook to do video, and the second time my singing partner and I met up. You can tell I don't know all the words by heart, that I'm kinda shy even when my only audience is a piece of metal, and that my uploading capabilities are woefully lacking (hence the abrupt cut off at the end...which does me huge favors as we royally bastardized the ending). Still - there it is, some moments to use my voice, to do something just because it feels good and I can.

Happy New Year!!!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Ack! "Video no longer available."

Tease!

Happy New Year!

1/01/2008 6:47 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Ya, so I'm lame. Will fix when I recover from last night and am home!!!

1/01/2008 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! So good to hear your voice . . . so jealous that I'm not singing alongside of you. :) Come up here so we can sing together! And bring your guitarist.

1/01/2008 11:13 PM  
Blogger Foofa said...

Totally festive and fun!

1/03/2008 9:51 AM  
Blogger Airam said...

You have such a beautiful voice!

1/04/2008 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/05/2008 9:43 PM  
Blogger Baby*Mama*Elyse said...

you have a gorgeous voice!!!

1/06/2008 5:56 PM  
Blogger ~Justin said...

It is indescribably nice to put a face to the voice.

Thank you.

1/12/2008 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home