Thursday, November 29, 2007

Character study

There was a girl on the train who had something stuck in her teeth. Aside from that, she was rather put together. She wore an outfit that managed to be hip without looking as if it was pulled straight from the pages of a magazine, and her boots were to die for. She boarded the train with an air of confidence, but if you stared at her long enough you'd catch her looking at her reflection in the window, worrying about how her limp hair detracted from the rest of her look. She carried no book, no paper and no ipod. Perhaps she meant to bring some sort of distraction along, but in her attempt to leave the house in a put together fashion she forgot her portable entertainment. So she spent the ride instead smoothing her skirt, glancing at her profile and smiling at the people whose gaze she accidentally caught in an attempt to focus her attention on anything but herself.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Indiana James said...

People watching is soooo much fun. No matter how well put together someone is, you can learn more about them in the brief moment the cease interacting with another person whether it is by spoken or visual contact that you can by just talking face to face with them.

At least that's what I've always found, but what do I know. :P

11/30/2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I'm paranoid I have something in my teeth now. Thanks.

12/01/2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I thought she was going to be you.

I think I expect twists everywhere now.

12/02/2007 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi You,
Thanks for the note on Vespa Vagabond. Yes, you can quote me - I'm honored!

12/03/2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger Foofa said...

I love people on the train they always are so interesting.

12/03/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home