Friday, October 05, 2007

hunger

I thank God for my metabolism because my response to boredom is to eat - and not just because I'm bored, but because being bored makes me HUNGRY. Seriously, I have just finished second breakfast and my stomach is growling. How does that work? I would honestly think that having eaten a bowl of oatmeal at 6:45 and an egg, meatless sausage patty (shut it - they're divine) and some sliced tomato about 20 minutes ago would mean my stomach is primed for happy camperville. But NO, I am hungry. And bored. And waiting to hear back if I got my dream job, and contemplating how I can work my way out of my current one without losing what might be my first commission whether I get the new job or not. Somehow, being in the Bay Area has thrown my ability to bullshit myself into doing the responsible thing into the great unknown. I think I could deal with my job this summer (albeit with a lot of pissing and moaning) because everything in my life was temporary. But now I'm here, where I've wanted to be, and I'm locked up in my room making cold calls. I have a feeling this isn't going to last very long...which is a good thing. But for now, I'm still starving.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Foofa said...

MMMMM meatless sausage patty. Delicious.

10/05/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Hope you get the job, and I hope the job has an all-you-can eat buffet for a cafeteria.

10/08/2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger X said...

I tend to munch when I'm bored, too. Or depressed. Now I'm angry at my ex. So I just want to punch someone. Namely, him.

Good luck with the job!

10/12/2007 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home