Monday, September 10, 2007

This Blog'in Life

I find it funny that I started this blog to keep my close (but locationally distant) friends in touch with my forays into the dating world after breaking my ties as a serial monogamist once and for all. Now, though a few dear friends still check in (hi Lia! Hi Eric! Hi Cat!), the people that most frequently pop up in my comment section are virtual strangers. I love that the basis of these relationships is this space where I share sometimes random/funny/deep thoughts and experiences - and the trade off sites where all of you do the same (up the random/funny/deep!). Anyway, lately I've been excited that a few of these friendships have started to transcend our blogs. I just got off the phone with Sarah who kindly offered to give me some insight into the field of Interior Design (I'm hoping to take some intro courses soon in my never-ending attempts to find a creative outlet and create my dream job). Also, in early October, just after I move to Berkeley, James will be dropping by during his whirlwind tour of California to visit friends. He will be the first official blog-friend that I meet in real life - fun! And Peter has become much more than a faithful reader and kick-ass writer - he's now an on-call editor when I need one (if you're ever tasked with creating a non-traditional cover letter, he's your man) and sharer of maximum-awesome music.

I continue to love each of you who read and share your thoughts as I wander through this blog'in life. I haven't been the best reader these days (am picking up though) but if any of you are ever in Cali - don't hesitate to look me up!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

happy to help. ahhh the wonders of finding our true calling in life.

9/10/2007 4:58 PM  
Blogger Airam said...

And you're the first one that I've had correspondence with via snail mail ... I still have the cd you sent me in heavy rotation!

9/10/2007 11:56 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Awww. Thanks for the mention.

It is a crazy little blogging world. And we're all lucky to have found you.

9/11/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hi chikita... you're always on the top of my list, even when I'm in an absence swing! Sorry it's been so long.

9/11/2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

That is cool! I am definitely letting you know the next time I'll be out in CA. I'd love to meet you!

9/11/2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Sarahleigh - I know, it's not easy! But, it helps when people take a minute to share their own experiences :)

Airam - I am glad you are still enjoying it! I'll make sure to send you this years too come December.

Peter - Awwww...you're welcome....

FG - Thanks darling! As are you on mine. Looking forward to your pending posts :)

Lisa - for shizzle (I had to throw some west-coast flair in there for ya)

9/11/2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Indiana James said...

Cali here I come!!! I think the awesomeness of it all starts with you though so we're all better off for your association. : )

9/11/2007 6:59 PM  
Blogger S'Mat said...

go globloggers unite!

9/12/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I want to have an area of expertise too, damn it.

Spatulas. All shapes and sizes. I'm your guy.

9/14/2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

It's true - Dr. Ken is a God among men when it comes to spatulas.

The world is a better place with you blogging in it.

9/17/2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm now on your coast, at least, so the likelihood is much better!

9/20/2007 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home