Friday, February 08, 2008

a good thing

So I've started working full-time at an adventure travel company that caters to very high-end clientèle. For the first time in a long time (Africa aside) I am learning something that is really interesting to me. I love travel, and it's neat to figure out how the industry works. At the same time, I'm coming up against my insecurities in major ways as I find the gung-ho girl that graduated college ready to take on the world has been a bit worn down-and-out by too few opportunities to capitalize on the things I'm really good at. I think there are opportunities for that here, but I am out of shape! I find myself getting a bit defensive, or overly offended when I get corrected - and I know I just need to keep taking deep breaths and remember I'm learning something totally new. Me and my pride will be o.k. if we can just remember this on a daily basis!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Keep your head up. I'm sure you're going to be a travelista. Whatever that means . . .

2/10/2008 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.'

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

2/11/2008 4:26 PM  
Blogger Foofa said...

That sounds like a really interesting job. Having recently started a new job I can totally relate. Sometimes it just takes a while to learn the ropes.

2/12/2008 10:54 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Thanks Dr. Ken!

Noah - loving your comments, keep them coming :)

Natalie - how is your new job coming? Glad someone can relate!

2/12/2008 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home