Monday, March 31, 2008

on gained awareness

Say, for example, you're holding your nephew as you get him ready for bed. You're in the kitchen, the electric kettle is on, the glass bottle in hand ready to warm it up. You're walking between the sink and the fridge, talking to him, giving him a heads up that it's almost time for bed...we're going to sing some songs, have a bottle and call it a night (he likes to be prepared). Say that in the midst of this activity you surreptitiously pass a little gas, assuming that it will be lost in the shuffle and heck, he's only 19 months old, how big of a deal might that be?


A noticeable one, to be sure.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

he noticed? hilarious!

3/31/2008 4:26 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Oh ya, and that's the exact face he made. No sound, just that face. And I wish I could say it was a fluke, but the opulence of the previous nights feast was still making itself known to my digestive track, so I had a chance to see the face more than once.

3/31/2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Next he'll be pulling your finger.

I'm seeing my nephews on Sunday, and I'm stoked. I taught one of them how to fart with his armpit.

4/03/2008 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home