Friday, March 21, 2008

my math is all wrong

Last night we went to Millenium in the city for a glorious round of vegan delights, organic wine and muddled mint cocktails in celebration of my mom's 65 years on this planet. A smorgasbord of indulgence - from the chantrelle fois gras to the chocolate stout ice cream, DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT when you next venture to SF (ooh, and take me). My mom was delighted, and one of my dearest friends wrote her an outstanding poem celebrating all the things that make her wonderful - and thankfully, the funny parts didn't result in her peeing her pants with laughter.

Afterwards, the younger generation went on for drinks at a speak easy down the street, where the pomegranate martinis sent me over the edge. And by over the edge I mean pulling a Vanna White on the floor to ceiling bookcase that turned out to be filled with real, authentic books. Imagine! I was suddenly fascinated with calculus - and did my best encourage all the young SF-ites around me that calculus really is a lost art form. Or maybe I just regaled them with how I got a D- in it my freshman year of college, which was technically a passing grade, and thus I haven't had a thing to do with it since.*

On the way home I cranked up the Britney (I make no apologies, Gimme More has the best beat I know for the ride home car party) and made my roommate take us to Blondie's for pizza. Then I crawled into bed and marveled at how my room suddenly looked like I wasn't the only one getting into my bed (clothes and shoes strewn about) and prayed that I wouldn't still be tipsy in the morning.

I am.



*And by "calculus" I really mean "pre-calculus." Lame!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

3/21/2008 3:49 PM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I too find this post likeable. But not because I'm trying to shill my blog :-).

I'm planning a trip to SF in the summer!

3/22/2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger Foofa said...

Calculus is certainly an art form that was lost to me!

3/25/2008 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you can wake up in your own bedroom and it takes you five minutes to realise you acutally LIVE here... then you cant remember how you got into bed... and how you are naked

Although trust me, waking up in that state at 6am on your bathroom floor is worse - when you have housemates

4/04/2008 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home