Friday, July 06, 2007

Fantastic Friday

"I've got the world on a string, I'm sitting on a rainbow..."

If I were just a bit cooler, I would be showing you the following in a pdf copy of the actual letter I received tonight. I'm not (cool), so I'm retyping paragraph one (with a few geographical redactions) because I'm in no state to take on a scanner:

"Dear Megan,

Congratulations! The Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Committee for District [****], with the approval of District Governor [redacted], is pleased to award you an Ambassadorial Scholarship for the academic year 2008/2009. Through your hard work and dedication, you have earned this scholarship.

The selection of this year's Scholars was not easy. The committee felt that you would be an excellent representative for the United States and Rotary as you continue your education and become a part of Rotary's program to further international understanding and promote world peace."

I'll stop there, because that is pretty much all you need to know in terms of exactly how big and fat the afore mentioned rainbow I am currently sitting on is. Whenever I feel as if I can't be blessed anymore than I have, something comes along and blows me out of the water. This is by far the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. Not only have I managed to earn support for a year of study in an African country (just which country I won't know until December - EGADS December!?!) BUT the scholarship is all about representing the ideals of Rotary - which as they say above is to promote international understanding and world peace. What an honor to do this on behalf of my country at this time in history. I am so thankful that opportunities like this exist - they give me hope, not only in my own dreams - but in the idea that as a community, as a country, as a world - we can make a difference.

Congratulations. That word has never been so sweet.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

That is awesome!!!

And so very much deserved.

7/06/2007 4:05 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations, you so deserve this.

7/06/2007 7:31 AM  
Blogger Foofa said...

Congratulations! How awesome is that? You are an excellent choice.

7/06/2007 8:27 AM  
Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic news!

7/06/2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

thank you guys! I am beyond excited - and it's fun to share it with you!

7/06/2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Indiana James said...

That was well worth the wait as you told me it would be. Congrats on this and they definitely made a great choice!

7/06/2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Grad School Reject said...

Rock on lady! I can't think of a better person to represent the U.S. with that scholarship.

7/07/2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Congratulations indeed! So completely awesome.

7/07/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

WOW! Congratulations!

7/09/2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Airam said...

Amazing!! Couldn't have happened to a better person!

7/09/2007 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home