Saturday, June 23, 2007

She has a point

Maria tagged me for this meme by recognizing I might need a break from thoughtful posts given I'm fresh back on the blogging scene but fresh off the "throwing yourself into a whole other world" scene. So, here goes:

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

A Blog of a Good Time
Classy & Fancy
[Cherry] Ride/5of9er
Airam
My so-called love life

Select five people to tag: I make it a policy not to tag people but I'd love to see Peter, Lisa, Heather, Eve and Natalie do this (I guess I'm not very principled in my policy setting).

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I spent the summer before my senior year of high school housesitting and staying with friends in the Bay Area so I could be closer to my boyfriend. I nannyed for a little girl, took ballet and got my first pager. The pager made me feel more or less like a rockstar.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Starting my blog and stumbling blindly through the dating game which I thought I wanted to be a part of, but most often resulted in me feeling like my heart had been stepped on.

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. vanilla yoghurt and dried blueberries
2. toast with avocado, parmesan and ground pepper
3. bananas
4. banana chips
5. almonds

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to: (I'm the worst person at remembering lyrics EVER)

1. The Gambler
2. Young Love - The Judds
3. Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
4. Paperweight - Schyler Fisk
5. Most Sara Bareilles songs

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1. Erase any and all debt that I, my parents and my siblings have (GREAT ANSWER MARIA!)
2. Set up a trust or foundation for any number of my philanthropic interests
3. Set up a travel account that would generate enough on a yearly basis to send me wherever I wanted to go (and go to grad school abroad)
4. Open up savings bonds for my nieces and nephews so they won't need to worry about paying for their university education. (ANOTHER GREAT ANSWER I'M STEALING FROM MARIA)
5. Buy a house in Costa Rica

Five bad habits:

1. Procrastinating!!!!!
2. Forever 21
3. Doubt
4. Eating too much
5. Making too many lists instead of one central one

Five things you like doing:

1. Cooking
2. Traveling
3. Going to small music venues
4. Shopping (what can I say? I just do!) - especially abroad
5. Singing with my family

Five things you would never wear again:

1. Double socks
2. uncomfortable underwear
3. too heavy earrings
4. ugly pajamas
5. blond highlights

Five favorite toys:

1. Ipod
2. Surfboard
3. My boyfriend ;) (In a good way, I'm not saying he's just a toy - I mean he's fun to play with)
4. ABC.com
5. my A4 (also stealing the car answer from Maria)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I didn't realize you were back! Thanks Maria for tagging Megan because that's what helped me figure this out. WELCOME HOME! I can't wait to catch up on your awesome blog. I'm so excited!

6/23/2007 8:48 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Thanks other Megan! I hope you are enjoying YOUR travels now :)

6/24/2007 11:36 AM  
Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

Thank you for listing but not tagging me. I'm in a quandary about the whole meme thing.

6/25/2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

I feel ya - I only do the ones that ask new questions, or something I think might shed a bit more light on the author of this so-called blog :) I think sometimes people wonder about who they're reading, but we only share certain pieces of ourselves in our posts - memes can every once in awhile offer some insight we might leave out in our general writing. But then again, sometimes they just take up space - that's why I don't like anyone to feel like they have to do them!

6/25/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Airam said...

I love your toy answers!!!

Surfboard?!?!?! So cool!

And boyfriend! Woot!

6/25/2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Foofa said...

I got double tagged for this one! I also left one for you but it doesn't involve much work. Just a way of saying WELCOME BACK and YOU ROCK!.

6/26/2007 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home