Monday, June 19, 2006

boo.



He hasn't called...and suddenly I'm every girl that ever was as i try and figure out why, in absence of any real understanding because hell, we just met! I won't lie - I am bummed. I'm not that serious about dating, I'm not looking to meet the love of my life tomorrow, I don't really even know what i'm doing with myself at the moment - but it never feels good to open yourself up and get past the superficiality of what dating can be and have someone lose interest immediately. When it comes down to it I don't really like the idea of dating for dating's sake (even though I suppose that's what i've been doing?) - I like meeting new people and making a connection and exploring that. And I was excited to feel like i'd come across a person on my own who I could do that with a bit.

I wonder why somehow the guys who I'm drawn to but don't end up wanting what I have to offer leave a bigger mark than those who are drawn to me and confirm every day that I'm o.k. just as I am...

3 Comments:

Blogger p_is_for_payj said...

I've always said: "The only man worth your tears is the big J.C."

In all seriousness, though, sometimes I think the men who don't reciprocate are intriguing because they confirm something negative that a woman already thinks about herself.

(I used to think the nice guys were chumps, until I built up some of that self-help-book-cheesy-cheesy 'inner confidence' and realized that I only really like people who like me.)

6/19/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Zing - so true, I think that's why it stings! I'm starting to realize that part of this whole dating thing is confronting the inner critic and living to tell the tale. The upside? Unlike therapy, at least there's some good wine and dessert along the way...

6/20/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger ~Justin said...

"I'm not looking to meet the love of my life tomorrow."

Here's the deal. We're always looking to meet the love of our life tomorrow. Or today.

We wouldn't do it all, otherwise.

And by "we", I speak in the royal sense, of course. I'm no self-elected speaker for all of mankind!

1/03/2008 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home