Wednesday, June 07, 2006

We interupt this Dodger game...

So I called him (the waiter). He did in fact leave me his number, and let it be known that regardless, I could care less about dating rules. Come to think of it, I did wait the customary 3 days, but I also sent a bit of a text on Saturday acknowledging the exchange of numbers - the non-committal way of saying, 'It's not just because I was in a drunken stupor that I scribbled my digits on my poorly calculated tab.' I did tip well, that must count for something.

Of course when I called I was immediately hung up on after throwing out, "hello? Hello? HELLO?" I called back (in the world of dropped calls a rule I DO follow is whoever called should call back - this eliminates the confusion of both parties immediately redialing and going straight to voicemail), and the waiter says, "Oh, it's nice to hear from you, but I'm at the Dodger Game." The vibe felt off so I just told him to give me a ring when he was free, and hung up convincing myself I had made the entire flirtation up in the first place. Yes, I do like to LEAP to conclusions, especially those that involve self deprecation (which they always do).

So, when I had returned home for the evening and signed on to the free online site I'd met the disappearing act on to shut down my page (I've decided I really am too good for online dating. At least for now, that is) and found him 'ONLINE NOW' I really started to feel like a tool. But the day was saved when as I climbed in to bed I saw a missed call and a voicemail from the waiter asking to take me out on Sunday. So...game on!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mood Indigo, I know you. Hiding behind your dark glasses, even when your "in da club." You tease the men of Orange County to unfathomable levels. You flitter here and there, leaving your butterfly wing dust on every man who happens to be in your dance-grinding-smooching path. Please, for the sake of our high blood pressure, leave the County, state, country even.

6/09/2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

butterfly wing dust - I love it!

6/11/2006 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said "your" when I should have put "you're," and I am sooo embarassed.

6/12/2006 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home