Monday, November 13, 2006

A Monday Upper

I have a number of things to write about at the moment, but I'll try to spread them throughout the week. However, since last night's post was kind of a downer, I thought I'd try and lighten things up a bit. Shauna did a lovely post today about a dear friend in celebration of his birthday, and suggested others do the same by taking some time to reminisce on a "montage of memories" with friends. This is fitting as one of my friends, the one with whom I've navigated the post breakup and tried to sort out how to maintain our friendship when he wanted something more, sent me a nice message this weekend to let me know he was thinking about all the fun things we've shared in the last couple of years. After all that we've been through, that simple statement was nice to hear. So in his honor, I offer up a montage of my own and take a moment to recognize friendship for all that it is.

Walking with flashlights along the beach near my house to see for ourselves the influx of squid that had been washing up on Orange County shores by the hundreds.

Driving around close to midnight trying our damnedest to find a coffee shop still open (welcome to the OC).

Cutting up copious amounts of watermelon for our friends - with me doing my best to keep him from cutting his fingers off in the process.

Thursday night "bible study" (the bible was never once studied) and the ensuing kitchen theatrics (namely, Costa Rican food).

Two incredible U2 concerts - only one of which I almost ruined by trying my best to please everyone at the same time (and failed, miserably).

Road tripping to Monterey to see Caedmons Call and share one of my most favorite places in the world.

Picking up and inspecting with a professional eye my surfboard (and obsessing over the dings...oh wait that was just me...)

Thousands of emails back and forth ranging from the mundane aspects of daily life to the depths of our souls - getting me through countless boring days, heartache and quite simply, life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Lovely...I hope he'll read it.

11/13/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home