Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Faces

Ok - a quick update. Hit an awesome Salsa lesson up yesterday - this "class" blows the others my roommate and I were taking out of the water. It was at Tia Juana's - a very cool restaurant/bar with lots of floor space, high-top tables and a general down to earth atmosphere, but just dark enough to be able to let your inhibitions down. There were TONS of people there - and a great guy to girl ratio - and the people were normal! It wasn't a bunch of skeezy old men or socially-challenged girls - everyone seemed really mellow and interested in learning - and there were plenty of beginners and intermediates to go around, so you didn't spend all night being stepped on or the alternative, being flung widely about as you chant 1-2-3,4-5-6 in your head as if your life depended on it. Carlos and Francisco met up with us after our lesson which was great - made me reminisce about Costa Rica and my guys down there - always respectful, fun to dance with and cuter than heck. Only trouble is Carlos has taken a very flirtatious liking to me and while I appreciate the attention, he's laying it on a little too thick for someone I just met - and managed to relay to the rest of the bar that we were somehow together so no one asked me to dance after he showed up. The real kicker/nail in his coffin is that he looks EXACTLY like my ex. I'm talking eerily like my ex. I am not good at hiding my emotions and it just threw me for a loop. I had noticed when we met the guys on Sunday but he was wearing an outfit and hair style so completely different than my ex that it wasn't so obvious. Last night he was dressed up and clean cut and it was just overwhelming on so many levels. Not that I think there's potential to bring him home or anything - but I couldn't imagine introducing him to close friends or family - their jaw would drop off their face the similarity is so strong. Have youe ever experienced looking at someone and because of a similarity feeling like you're looking at someone else? It plays tricks with your mind I tell you! So that kind of soured my night, and I also wasn't ready to be in a position of being "attached" to someone - and he was just so gooey flirtatious it makes me think being friends and dance buddies isn't going to be an option. Of course he's the only one in the group for whom I have a number. Anyway - the night overall was a blast, and salsa is a riot - and I have a teeny, teeny bit of faith that one day I'll be able to turn with the best of them.

Aside from that - went to the dentist this morning and my *crush* dentist was not there today. So I'm debating calling him out of the blue (his cell number is listed on the office message) and mentioning I saw him on Friday and seeing if he wants to meet up next time I'm housesitting in his town. Can't decide if it's ballsy, over the top or straight out weird - but everyone here is telling me to go for it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Me:The Sequel said...

So? What's the story on the dentist?

9/07/2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

Call the dentist!

And by the way, I've linked your blog from mine. Is that cool with you?

9/10/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

hi girls -

ok - will be calling the dentist. Have so much to update after a week up north - overwhelming to take on but will be up soon!

FG - definitely - thanks!

9/10/2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home