Thursday, August 24, 2006

A whole new level

I am suddenly surrounded by the many of important people in my life being in the midst of significant life experiences or relationships. Some are embarking on new relationships (to which I can relate), some are undertaking new things I can only imagine - like parenthood. While I think the closest contender to falling in love yourself is getting to observe those you love most stumble upon it, experiencing such things through the lives of your nearest and dearest can have some unexpected effects in the overall scheme of things. Watching my brother and sister-in-law become parents (it's been less than a week) is one of the most joyful things I can remember participating in. At the same time it seems to have elevated their soul-mate status into yet another dimention I can only hope of attaining. And not because it's over the top - just because they're so profoundly and simply happy to be living the life they are living - and experiencing this vast new expanse of reality that a child brings. And I continue to plod along in this bizarre existence of what might someday be, with no real image of where that is, or who I will be, or who might be by my side. So as life becomes more tangible for those I love, it is increasingly less so for me. How to ensure that I am as present in the experience with them as I can be, and also honor the fact that it is truly their experience in the first place, provides for interesting navigation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home