Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Alas, a date.

So I started this blog as a forum for discussing my foray into the dating world after years as a serial monogomist who jumped from one relationship to the next (totaling four) between high school, college and the last few years. The plan went array when my dating abruptly stopped as I realized I couldn't convince myself that internet dating wasn't forced, and the dynamics of my life are so far from being conducive to meeting people I almost never come across prospective dates on my own. Case in point:

1) Many of my best friends are guys - and certainly those I usually hit the town with - definite challenges to meeting guys out and about as I'm usually already with one (or more).

2) I work with people who are mostly older than me. Everyone's married, or a woman. The only exception being the work crush - who I almost never see and might be gay.

3) I live in the vapid capitol of the world. It is horrible to say - but I honestly think the majority of men who are quality around me are already partnered up or I count among my nearest and dearest already. I know there are a *few* guys out there I might be interested in but hell if I know where they're hanging out.

Sooo...aside from my myriad of crushes (necessary to keep the romantic in me alive), it's been a pretty barren scene lately. But - next week I head north to my home town for 9 days of catching up with friends, reconnecting with people I haven't seen in years (the longest being 8 - unbelievable!) and further falling head over heels for my new main man, Dexter. On a whim, I have taken the initiative to jump back into the dating saddle and emailed a guy I met a few months back (friend of a friend) who lives in SF and told me to look him up when I was next there. His response:

"Hey Megan,

Wow, color me surprised to hear from you! How's it going? I would love to meet up if you find any free time when you're up here. I'm starting a new job Friday, so the next week may be a little crazy, but I'm sure we could figure something out. You should give me a call at 415.xxx-xxxx when you get into town.

I hope you're doing well, and I'm looking forward to seeing you Megan. Take care.

-L"

So, there you have it, a very low-stress re-entry into getting to know the opposite sex, aka dating, aka my nemesis in the book of love.

2 Comments:

Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Just be careful of guys who start emails with "Color me..." That's all I'm sayin.

8/30/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

J - you're on - no harm in a little S.I.T.C. vicarious living - those girls know how to live it up!

Cherry - Don't diss my SF hippie! J/k - a guy's insight is ALWAYS welcome here :)

8/30/2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home