Sunday, June 29, 2008

temporary

these walls carry the proof of where I've been
joined together by a door added after the fact
I had a vision of what it would look like so many months ago
And now here I sit, the lines in rust and green,
ready to let it go

So much of my life this year has been temporary
A stop for a moment before stepping into the unknown
Surrounding myself with those I love the most
But in the end having to move away,
I can't imagine the day

When these walls cease to bear where I've been
When they're blank or covered up with someone else's things
To drive away with the burden of past and the blank slate of tomorrow
with my life staying here, while I go there

In the end I know the truth isn't temporary
Its veins run deep in the lives of those I love
No matter where I go there is home in each of them
Only this I know, only this I know

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

This is lovely, Megan.

6/30/2008 1:29 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Well done, kid.

7/10/2008 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home