Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the little things

A friend returned from Hawaii last week and brought me an assortment of my favorite pikake scented lotions and body oils. I dabbed a bit of the perfume oil on each wrist this morning and every time I answer the phone I catch the faint scent of the islands in summer. It's such a simple thing, and yet it reminds me of those moments in which you find yourself on a beach in the evening, nothing but stars above and waves in front, and you marvel that somehow you ended up in this perfect piece of the world. I've had those moments, I'll have more and sometimes I just need a little reminder.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I love moments like that. The power that our sense of smell can invoke is amazing.

5/28/2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I agree with you and Cherry. That's why I always dab some of my Aqua Velva on a girl's cell phone. That way she calls me, and has no idea why . . .

6/01/2008 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home