Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A step

I have a visitor coming to town this weekend - my high school boyfriend. He has family nearby and when I saw him last in the Bay Area he said he'd be coming down soon and I invited him to visit. Given how we left things I think it has the potential to be like one big date of a weekend. I'm not nervous because I'm completely comfortable with him and I know it's going to be a blast to explore where I live from a "tourist's" perspective and share some of my favorite things, places and people with him. I am a bit nervous because this will be the longest time I've spent with someone with that sort of connection/attraction since my break up - and I am always wary of falling into a situation because it's comfortable, versus because it's right. I'm trying to chill myself the hell out - let this simply be an experience and not something that carries the weight of my future on it. A weekend is just a weekend afterall, it doesn't have to mean getting into a relationship, though I can't help but think that's hanging out there in the wings as an option. I'm too excited to worry about the logistics and what the dynamics between us are going to be - I need to just let it unfold and see how I feel, how he feels and how to proceed from there.

3 Comments:

Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said...

I have to say that I've become a big fan of high school boyfriends.

And I will also say that's totally weird, amazing, incredible to be around someone who knew you *then*. You're doing the right thing by just going with the flow, but my fingers are nevertheless crossed for you!

10/11/2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

I like your bead. Just be yourself and be Zen about it. Love to Sis.

10/12/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

thanks all :) Will keep you posted!

10/12/2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home