Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday updates and a snout-snog


Ok - first things first, how adorable is this? I simply adore cuteoverload.

Secondly - I'm in the mood for a true-to-the-supposed-theme-of-this-site update (i.e., boys) so here goes:

1) My one date of the summer in SF: I met up with L for drinks in the Haight after emailing him out of the blue to let him know I was coming into town. Much to my surprise he was enthusiastic about getting together and we met at a great little bar for drinks before going to a hip little noodle shop and then back for another round of drinks before I taxi'd home. It was a fantastic date - and boy, did I need it! We didn't really know each other at all, but because we'd met amongst mutual friends, there wasn't the discomfort of a blind date or a set-up - there was more room for it to flow and simply enjoy the banter of getting to know each other. We talked about searching for the perfect job (he recently started teaching preschool at Stanford - pretty unique if you ask me - he can honestly say "I teach at Stanford") and was formerly a sous chef for some sort of T.V. network. We have complimentary goofy senses of humor and we both sing. He actually just joined a local group that does contemporary and tango-inspired works - so cool! We ended the evening by loading up the juke box with a bunch of jazz (including my favorite, Mood Indigo - of course) and I got to actually hear him sing a bit - he was good!. It was really a lovely night and we met up for another drink later in the week before I went home. We've talked a few times since - and while I can't quite tell if there's a real love connection - there's a nice flirtation going on and overall it was a great experience to throw myself out there and end up having a great time.

2) High school boyfriend. We haven't talked since the letter (just a little emailing here and there) but he is planning to visit some family down here in the next month or so so we'll likely get some time to hang out and explore our feelings a bit. I have to be honest - I've caught myself smiling about it more than once, and when I was having trouble falling asleep the other night I turned on the light and whipped out a little design for a Japanese-inspired wedding dress. Yes, the theme of the wedding I'm nowhere near ready for (nor is there a realistic groom in site) tends to depend highly on the culture/ethnicity of the man at the center of the day dream - and high school boyfriend has recently replaced my ex in the lead for the groom role, so a Japanese motif it is. I am such a GIRL.

3) The dentist. I am currently house-sitting and in the location where I am supposed to put the casual call plan to 'hang out with me and my friends' at the bar where I keep running into him at into place. I haven't done it. I don't know why - I don't know if it's because having a silly crush is more fun, or that I got a funny vibe from him last time I saw him, or I'd rather dream about more realistic things? Or is it just too far out of my comfort zone and I don't want to risk a comfortable cavity-filling environment? I don't know - but If I'm going to do it it should probably be in the next few days...

4) I haven't yet blogged about a funny Trader Joe's experience I had last week, but it ended with some flirting with a truly adorable checker who I went back hoping to see last night, but he was already off shift. I've tasked my roommate with finding out his name when she does the shopping next weekend (as I'm house-sitting in a different town for another week and his name was so unusual that I couldn't sound it out in my head and maintain flirty eye contact at the same time). Anyway - It wouldn't hurt to hang out with someone locally - and he had such a nice presence(which GREATLY contrasted the guy I met earlier in the store and about whom I will do a blog post soon!).

5) *The yet to-be-determined date* I'm keeping mum on this for now until I know if it's actually happening but if it does, it will be incredibly cool and I'll have lots to write about (and in turn, be written about...) Stay tuned for an update - probably in November.

O.k. - that's the boy run down. I realize my use of hyphens has reached an all time high on this post. I'll try and work on that. Until then - may you all kiss more princes(ses) than pigs :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed! How do you find the energy?

And which one of these is the "color me" guy -- the Stanford teacher?

9/25/2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

Yup - apparently "color me" phrases are a natural byproduct of a profession that includes "coloring time" :)

9/26/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Me:The Sequel said...

Dang, what is UP with Blogger today??? - been trying to leave comments to no avail...

anyway, maybe it's because my mind works slightly at sub-sewage level, but "colour me" actually makes me think of the movie Pleasantville. Leave it to moi to think:
'crayola' = eros.

9/26/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Great Bloggage Meg. I always enjoy it.

9/27/2006 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home