Monday, November 20, 2006

Does this ever happen to you?

I'm sitting at my desk, listening to The Weepies and perusing a link via DOOCE (neither activities remotely qualifying as work) when I come across this picture:

And just as I click on it I hear these lyrics, "You're the moon, I'm the water, you're a mars calling up neptune's daughter." I always think it's funny when such coincidences occur. I could go days without ever coming across the word "moon" - and in a moment it's suddenly part of multiple senses. This happens to me with much more obscure words as well from time to time and always gives me pause.

Aside from this random thought, my favorite line in the song (Painting By Chagall) is "sometimes rain that's needed falls." How profound.

2 Comments:

Blogger S'Mat said...

HA! I JUST left a comment on someone's blog, rather luridly i should add with only a trace of pride, about Moon Pies...
most curious...

11/20/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Mood Indigo said...

ha - so it's not just me!

11/21/2006 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home